The Emporia Area League of Women Voters represents Lyon County and surrounding areas. We are a grassroots, volunteer organization, and one of nine local Leagues across the state of Kansas.
For nearly 100 years, LWV has encouraged the informed and active participation of citizens in government and has influenced public policy through education and advocacy..
You can make a difference! Join us and start making a difference in our community. League membership is open to all women and men 16 years of age and older.
Emporia LWV Guide to Government
Census Citizenship Question Will Result in Inaccurate Count
Washington, DC – The League of Women Voters president Chris Carson issued the following statement in response to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross’ decision to include a question pertaining to citizenship in the 2020 Census:”Including a question about citizenship in the 2020 Census will damage the chances for an accurate count of our country’s population. Read more
The League’s position on this issue can be found at LWV U.S.
The League of Women Voters of Kansas publishes regular newsletters and distributes them to local Leagues. This month’s issue includes the latest on Legislative Observer Corps, state participation in historic voting-rights case, and more. Read
What does the League do?
- We educate citizens about issues, legislation and candidates.
- We encourage individual participation in the political process.
- We inform through in-depth, objective study.
- We monitor local, state and national government bodies and activities.http://www.lwvsalina.org/join.html
- We register voters.
- We sponsor candidate debates and public issue forums.