The League of Women Voters of Emporia represents Lyon County and surrounding areas. We are a grassroots, volunteer organization, and one of nine local Leagues across the state of Kansas.
For nearly 100 years, LWV has encouraged the informed and active participation of citizens in government and has influenced public policy through education and advocacy..
You can make a difference! Join us and start making a difference in our community. League membership is open to all women and men 16 years of age and older.
Presentations on local preschools
Our League met at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church on November 8 to hear presentations from three early childhood experts.
- Michelle Barnhart from Sacred Heart Preschool
- Sally Kaieser of Emporia Christian Preschool
- Jenny Long of ESU Early Childhood Education
- Ann Havenhill (LWV Emporia treasurer) reporting on Jump Start
- and up – Members meeting and eating
What does the League do?
- We educate citizens about issues, legislation and candidates.
- We encourage individual participation in the political process.
- We inform through in-depth, objective study.
- We monitor local, state and national government bodies and activities.http://www.lwvsalina.org/join.html
- We register voters.
- We sponsor candidate debates and public issue forums.