The League of Women Voters of Emporia represents Lyon County and surrounding areas. We are a grassroots, volunteer organization, and one of nine local Leagues across the state of Kansas.
For nearly 100 years, LWV has encouraged the informed and active participation of citizens in government and has influenced public policy through education and advocacy..
You can make a difference! Join us and start making a difference in our community. League membership is open to all women and men 16 years of age and older.
The League’s position on the proposed citizenship question in the next census:
This can be found at LWV U.S.
Census Citizenship Question Will Result in Inaccurate Count
Washington, DC – The League of Women Voters president Chris Carson issued the following statement in response to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross’ decision to include a question pertaining to citizenship in the 2020 Census:”Including a question about citizenship in the 2020 Census will damage the chances for an accurate count of our country’s population. Read more
Monthly League Notes from Kansas LWV. Read here:
What does the League do?
- We educate citizens about issues, legislation and candidates.
- We encourage individual participation in the political process.
- We inform through in-depth, objective study.
- We monitor local, state and national government bodies and activities.http://www.lwvsalina.org/join.html
- We register voters.
- We sponsor candidate debates and public issue forums.